Monday, March 9, 2009

New puppy and hanging at the beach!


Today was such a beautiful day in good ole' NC! I went to the beach with our new puppy Bella... yes, I named her after Bella from Twilight but, I just love the name and it's easy to remember... short, sweet and to the point. Any who... Bella and I enjoyed the beach and had a great time : ) I love the beach! I haven't been in over a year so I was having withdrawal symptoms... Here are some pictures of the beach and our new baby : ) We love her!

Story time...So, I arrived in North Carolina a little over a week ago... this past Friday I thought it would be a good idea to take Mr.Bean and Lealo (the family dogs) to the beach... well, I dropped my mom off at the beauty shop on Cedar Island so she could get her hair done. Both the dogs were in the car as I started to drive down the road. The windows were rolled down and I was going about 25-30 mph. I look behind me a minute or so later and Lealo IS GONE! I start freaking out!!! I rush back to the shop and tell my Mom and we both start looking for her... we drive up and down the road for about 20 minutes... No Lealo... So I rush to the house and tell my Dad and then we look again... yelling and whistling... NOTHING! I rush home and make posters while my parents walk up and down the road calling for Lealo... This all started around noon and we didn't stop looking for her until about 3 a.m. the next morning! We are all devastated thinking something happened to her or someone picked her up. So, the next day I get up and decide to "fill the void" and get another dog... We hadn't given up looking for Lealo but, I didn't think she was coming back : ( So my mom and I went to the Humane Society in Newport and bought Bella! She was a small ray of sunshine on a cloudy day. So, after we get home we go looking for Lealo again and still nothing! We didn't want to say it but, I think we all thought all hope was lost... So, my dad hears something barking in the early morning the next day and goes down to the shore where we thought she might have been. He sees paw prints that look just like Lealo's and we start to become hopeful again... the search continues with no luck and then as I'm taking Mr. Bean and Bella outside to do their thing... I see a car driving up... it didn't even occur to me that it could be about Lealo... and then I see her in the passenger seat and this nice man gets out of his car while holding Lealo and says, "Lost something?" OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!! I yell, " MOM DAD! COME QUICK!" AND it was all sunshine and rainbows : ) Lealo was a total mess and was obviously traumatized after being LOST for 2 DAYS! None of us can really imagine what she had been through... POOR BABY!!! Though, it was such a relief to have here home, I felt HORRIBLE every second for 2 DAYS! I didn't do anything wrong but, I felt like I was to blame. Lealo was like my parents kid... when she was gone, they were tore up... and when she came back they couldn't have been happier! Dogs always give you so much... love, happiness you name it... I only wish I could give the same amount back : )I just hope that they spoil their grand-kids as much as they spoil their dogs! Put it this way... if I had to be reincarnated as a dog... i would defiantly want to be "owned" by my parents : )

No comments: