Okay, I'm WAY LATE but I have to share this with you... My mother in-law and I went to a ballet in Salt Lake City at the Capital Theater about 2 months ago… It was called Madam Butterfly (put on by Ballet West) but, we also saw a performance before that called GONG. Let me just say, IT WAS BRILLIANT! I was glad we got there early because the director gave us a synopsis of the ballet and if I got there after that I would have been completely lost. GONG was probably my favorite part of the whole night, it was colorful and very beautiful. (GONG) It starts off with music and then fades to black and then only two dancers are on stage with no music and a spot light... and that repeated until the end. We were sitting up front and could hear them breathing, the amount of strength it must take to do that! CRAZY! Madam Butterfly was also a GREAT performance and I enjoyed the music. Anyways, I was looking on YouTube for a video to show you but couldn't find any. BUT I did find some pictures on Google! If you hear that GONG is coming to your area I HIGHLY suggest going to go see it!
GONG (BTW... These pictures are of the actual dancers we saw : )


Madame Butterfly

1 comment:
ballet west is fierce!!~
Post a Comment