Tuesday, June 23, 2009

9 CRAZY MONTHS!

We've made it! Cameron graduated from AIT on June 19th! I'm so happy to finally be back in my husbands' arms! It's been a crazy 9 months.I think I should start from the beginning... Cameron joined the Army in September of '08 though, about 3 weeks after starting basic Cameron's appendix burst and he was rushed to the hospital for emergency surgery. After coming home for a month and recovering... they sent my husband back to basic... and because of the surgery his itinerary was all messed up. So basic and AIT(Advanced Individual Training) was pushed back. So 5 1/2 months turned into a grueling 9 and I'm so thankful that it's OVER! Cameron graduated AIT on June 19th and is now OFFICIALLY a Combat Medic. Our duty station is Ft. Bragg, ha! We didn't go far~
Cameron will be working at Womack Army Medical Center... not sure what his job title is, we find out today. We also picked out a place on base but we can't move in until July 6th. I'm so excited to be living with my husband again.
It's been a roller coaster without him! Cameron flew home with me on June 20th and we spent a few relaxing days together until I took him to Ft. Bragg to in-process. He seems to be enjoying the "real army" and not the training environment! I'm so thankful to have Cameron as my eternal companion! He is my other half :)
Below are some pictures of Cameron's graduation, graduation dinner and some of us out on the town!










No comments: