Saturday, July 17, 2010

Re-Cap... Camp, School & Bedroom Furniture

Okay, I get it... I'm officially the worst blogger EVER! I've been so busy with school and my callings in church, I haven't really had much time to do anything else- Anyways, today Cameron and I bought bedroom furniture! FINALLY!!!! We've been putting our clothes on the floor and in the closet for the past 3 years... needless to say, I hated it~ But, I'm a happier now : )
STORY TIME!- We had gone all over Fayettevile looking for the perfect bedroom set and we found it at Haverty's. We were quoted a price in February and we decided we would come back when Cameron got part of his bonus and purchase it then... So we go in today and Ellen (sales associate) quotes us a much higher price than we were originally promised... Earlier, Cameron and I devised a plan and if I touched his back he would say, We can go somewhere else... and it must of worked because all of a sudden Ellen started cuttin us a deal! We talked the lady down $250, and another $100 for shipping! It was cheaper than what the first sales associate quoted us so I jumped on it! Cameron and I just kept looking at each other with big grins on our faces while the lady was ringing us up. HA!
Any who, I started school again this summer and it's been fun... I was terrified the first day back, because it's been so long... But, it went better than I could have hoped for. I took World Civilizations and Public Speaking and I'm sure I have an A in both classes! WOO HOO! I'll be in school this Fall as well, I'm taking one 8 week class Art Appreciation, and then Biology and Physics- It's 11 hours, so not a full load but if I'm taking 2 Sciences I want to get A's in both- After the Fall I'll only have 12 hours left!!! WOO HOO AGAIN!
So, finally I wanted to talk about Young Women's Camp... it was at Eagles Nest and it was HOT! I had a good time but, I'm glad it's over. I was the leader of the 2nd Years and it was interesting to say the least... The theme was "REACH HIGH!" I believe our camp director did a great job integrating that into all the activities. The only thing I would have changed was the food- there was never enough for everyone- The best part of YW Camp was the Rock Wall on the last day-- That was the first time I ever did something like that... I have to admit, I think I'm a adrenaline junkie now ;) So, here are 2 pictures, one from Camp and the other is the new bedroom furniture!
The Rock Wall~

I love it!~

6 comments:

ericnashlea said...

Amie!!! How are you? Are you back in NC? I am so glad to read your blog and see that you are doing so well.

Ashlea

Ami Jackson said...

Hey Ashlea! Yes, I'm back in North Carolina... We seem to keep missing each other :( Cameron is stationed at Fort Bragg~ I hope you are doing well as well. I see your sweet baby girl just keeps getting prettier everyday~

Jessica S. said...

Good job on your school!! :) You are super smart. Yikes, those science classes coming up.

I am jealous of your bedroom set. I have yet to have a complete bedroom set.

I miss you! My kids miss the Ft Bragg Primary.

Ami Jackson said...

I miss you too Jessica~ It's weird you not being there-

I miss the kids smiling faces every Sunday, I hope I can see you guys sooner rather than later

I'm glad the summer semester is over, I did well... I have a 3.5 GPA... It should have been higher but, my Public Speaking teacher was just crazy-

LOVE YA!!!

Leigh Ann Parks said...

I love the new furniture! FINALLY...a DRESSER!!!!!!

Ami Jackson said...

I know! A DRESSER!!!! NO MORE FLOOR!!!