Anyone who knows Cameron and I would know we have been trying to get pregnant for a long time! We are so excited to finally announce we are having a BABY!!! Here's our story~
I left physics class on a Wednesday, November 10th around 10 a.m. and ran to the store to pick up some milk and chicken so I could make chicken adobo for dinner that night (Cameron's favorite). I told Cameron I thought I was pregnant in the morning before he left for work, but it's not like he hasn't heard that phrase before.... He told me to wait until we got paid again to go and get a pregnancy test. I didn't listen! While at the store I figured I might as well get a pregnancy test, even though it was probably going to say,"NO!" *(LIKE ALWAYS)
Anyways, I got home and started putting away the milk and chicken when I decided to take the test. (I'm impatient) So, I went up stairs, took it, and I immediately saw the second line... but I figured it was just the urine running over it and I was just "wishing" it was there. So I put it down and walked away. About 3 minutes later I walked back upstairs and I pulled the shower curtain away and there it was!! TWO LINES! I had to look at the box to make sure I wasn't crazy. Then I screamed and yelled, " OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!" The next words out of my mouth were, "I have to go!"
Cameron was at work! I couldn't believe I found out I was pregnant and he was at WORK! So I ran downstairs in tears (happy tears) and grabbed my bag and ran out the door with the test in hand! I was shaking and crying, the whole time looking back at the test on the console making sure I wasn't seeing things. Cameron works at the hospital here on Fort Bragg so it only took me about 7 minutes to get there. So I was lucky enough to get a parking spot in the front of the hospital (never happens) and I jumped out the car and hurried inside. I decided on the way up I was going to tell him one on one. Well, I get up to his floor and he is the nurses station with a bunch of other people and I was red in the face and said to him, "I need to talk to you." He was like, "Okay..." He later told me he thought he was in trouble! HA! So I pulled him to the side and pulled the test out of my purse. It took him a minute to register what I handed him and he looked up at me and said,"Really?!" I said, "Yes, we are going to have a BABY!" He was overjoyed and just wanted to give me a kiss! He immediately took my hand and walked around the floor and told everyone we're having a baby!
So, that's our story... We have already had an ultrasound at week 5, week 6 and week 8! I have another appointment tomorrow @ week 11! We are so lucky and blessed!
I'll add some ultrasound pictures tomorrow!~
1 comment:
I am so happy for you! :)
Post a Comment