So, Cameron and I are no longer be having a baby. We are doing just fine and know that the Lord has a plan for us. I am happy to say that's it's finally the New Year and I can't wait to see what 2011 has in store for the Jackson's.
I decided to become an "ADVENTURER" for the 2011 year. One of my favorite movies is "UP!" If you haven't seen it yet, you should. Family is truly the greatest adventure and I can't wait anymore to start my ride. So long I've wanted a baby and I've put my life on hold; in more ways than one so I could be a mom. I've forgotten along the way that I need to be living my life and not waiting for it to happen. So, I made a small list of things I want to do this year. My list of "goals" are not few in number but small in size... with the exception of a few; of course.
1. Go to Key West OR somewhere there is crystal clear blue water *sigh*
2. Improve cooking skills.. or lack there of by making something from a cook book once a week
3. READ the New Testament... since that's the "section" our church is focusing on this year I figured... why not?! I've been in primary so long I forgot that I have scriptures.
4. Do my visiting teaching EVERY MONTH... NOT every other month!- I'm so slack
5. Find and purchase every Disney classic~ missing Sleeping Beauty, Snow White, Cinderella, Aladdin and The Little Mermaid. I only have Beauty and the Beast... I know; pathetic.
6. Start tanning... I get so pale way too quickly.
7. Find a pair of brown and black calf to knee high boots that I actually like... and are not $350. Can a girl ask for a little simplicity? I am no hooker!
8. See my husbands family in Utah...and do a session in the SLC temple!
9. Find a plain khaki and brown skirt that goes to the knees? Again...I don't feel like this is too much to ask for designers!
10. Buy a dining room table and chairs!
11. Go to CUBBIES in Beaufort! If you haven't had a Cubbies cheeseburger... you are missing out on a life changing experience!
12. Spend more time with my sisters-
13. Go to the SPA for the entire day!
14.Live my life and don't hold back! HAVE FUN!!!
Anyways, I hope the rest of you have planned an AWESOME 2011!
2 comments:
What a great list of things to do! I can't wait to read about each one that you accomplish this year!
I'm sorry about your pregnancy. What a trial for you. You have the right thoughts of it being the Lord's timing but I'm sure it still isn't easy for you.
Good luck on your cooking. Share any good recipes you might get for those of us in a cooking rut, too!
And mostly - the New Testament is AMAZING! That first year when Derek left me I read the whole New Testament and it was a huge comfort to me!
Love you!
:( Hang in there. I've had 2 miscarriages & the hormones were always the stupidest things to have to deal with.
A recipe blog I follow (that you probably already know about but I'll share just in case) is:
http://jamiecooksitup.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment