Thursday, September 18, 2008

2 WEEKS DOWN!

So, I receieved a letter last week from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints! I was wonder what in the world it would be about before I opened it! Had I done something wrong I was un-aware of? Thank goodness it was from Cameron's church at Ft. Leonard Wood, MO! There were two pages the first one was from the bishop and his wife telling me that Cameron arrived saftely and all was well, and they were happy to have Cameron as a part of their family now! The second page was from MY SWEETHEART! Cameron will be able to take the sacrament every Sunday in an old World War II meeting house! Now, I knew the church was organized but, I had no idea! I was so happy to hear from Cameron espically since that was the first I had heard from him in over a WEEK! : ) I can also write e-mails to Cameron and they will give him the "letters" on Sunday! Which makes me happy because he will hear from me at least one day a week. I don't know when they give the soliders letters from family and friends? So, hopefully that will help. They gave me a website I can go to as well to check out what he is doing this week! : ) I also recieved his address the other day and if anyone wants to write him... they are more than welcome! (If you do, please get the address right otherwise, it will not get to him! and make sure to write a "2" on the back of the envelope! TWO WEEKS DOWN! 2 MONTHS TO GO!!!!
PVT Jackson, Cameron
B Co. 787 MP BN 2ND PLT
2230 Iowa Ave., Bldg. 937
Ft. Leonard Wood, MO 65473

2 comments:

Ashley said...

new blog address!~

Unknown said...

I just googled B Co 787 MP BN and found your site. My nephew, Brad Goddard, who just got married is in Ft. Leonard Wood also, hopefully with your husband, he's 1st PLT Bldg 937. He just got married to his lovely wife Kelly the end of August. Left September 2,I believe and is in boot camp. I will say an extra prayer each night for your husband to be safe when I say a prayer for my nephew. I am a wife of a retired military person, so I can tell you the good, the bad and the ugly. Boot Camp is the bad, but it doesn't last forever. Hope you're doing well. Sue McCabe