Saturday, October 4, 2008

Cameron is back home...

Yes, I know it's not time for him to be back yet. Cameron still has 6 weeks left of basic training! Cameron feel very ill a few days ago and was rushed to the hospital. He was diagnosed with Appendicitis and was taken by ambulance to The University of Columbia Medical Hospital where he was immediately treated. I was told that the infection was spread more than it should have so surgery was a bit more abrasive than normal. Never the less, the Lord works in mysterious ways... I say this because the Army pays for EVERYTHING. (There is no way on God's green Earth we would have been able to afford it!) So, I almost bought a plane ticket to Missouri... then my husband called and told me that the Commander of the base came and saw him today and put him on a 30 day paid leave! It was so nice to be able to speak with my husband even though he was pretty high on morphine! ha ha! This whole situation is bitter-sweet... The up-side is I get to see my husband and Cameron gets to see his brother come home from his mission. We also get to spend Cameron's 25th birthday together AND Cameron doesn't have to do basic 100% over, he starts right back where he left off! The down-side is Cameron and I both wanted him to just get through this and take the next step which was AIT. Cameron didn't want to leave either, he was having LOADS OF FUN(That's my Cameron)! So, I'll find out sometime today when his plane will be coming in and we will go from there! I love my husband more than anything and I know he will get better as time goes on, he has a strong will to do so!

No comments: