Monday, December 15, 2008

HaPpY BiRtHdAy TO ME?!

Yesterday was my 23rd Birthday!!! I talked to my sexy hubby for about an hour and then decided to clean the apartment(I was bored)... I actually enjoy cleaning, I know it's weird but it keeps me busy. Any who, I watched some TV and just relaxed until 4 p.m. that is when I started to get ready for Carrabba's Christmas Party! I was really excited to go. We planned on having Rock Band, Texas Holdem', LOTS OF FOOD and I was bringing Cameron's PS3 so the "guys" could be entertained. About 70 people showed up to the party! We stared off getting something to eat then we did a raffle. My awesome boss(Clay) bought deluxe set of the The Office seasons 1-4... some spa packages, I-Tunes gift cards, a blue ray DVD player and some other pretty cool stuff. Anyways, we started the raffle and with my luck this past week(a.k.a lost my Blackberry, my car is in the shop and I'm sick) I wasn't even beginning to think I would have a chance to win ANYTHING... So, we start the raffle and prizes are flying everywhere but toward me! And the very last thing to go is a the Blue Ray DVD player... EVERYONE wanted this one! I'm just sitting there in la la land, then... it happens.... Clay says, "AMI!"....and my response is..."Huh?!"...(mouth drops) OMG! That was pretty awesome but it gets better... right after the raffle Clay stands and starts to give a speech about this past year and how he has enjoyed working with us and so on... then he says," You know we are not only celebrating Christmas this year we are celebrating something else tonight... This is where I turn to Natalie(co-worker) and say what else are we celebrating? She doesn't know either... and then Clay goes, IT'S AMI'S BIRTHDAY TODAY!(everyone starts cheering) OMG AGAIN! I'm embarrassed... He brought out a cake with candles and everyone sang happy birthday to me... I was totally SURPRISED! I got a little teary eyed, especially since Cameron wasn't here to share it with me. :( I work with the most amazing people. They knew I was going to be alone on my birthday and they did everything they could to make it special for me anyway :)

2 comments:

The Smith Trio said...

Im glad you had a great Birthday lady.

Andrea said...

Happy Birthday Ami! That's awesome about the DVD player!!