Wednesday, August 12, 2009

New Beginnings~

Okay, it's been awhile.... Cameron and I are all settled into our place. We are still impatiently waiting on the new furniture we special ordered over a month ago. I called the store we ordered it from yesterday and they said it should be here sometime next week... I hope! Cameron's just happy he has his 46" SONY flat screen to keep him happy while he waits. So, the post below of the furniture I ordered didn't workout... let me explain, I ordered it on-line and about 2 weeks later I get an e-mail telling me only 1 item is in stock and the rest had to be cancelled due to a surge in popularity. BAH HUM BUG! So, I only got the tower... I really really wanted the console table and the coffee table but, it didn't work out. Oh well, it's probably better that it didn't come.... b/c the couch and love seat I ended up getting is brown.

So, I haven't found a job yet... well, because I haven't really started looking for one. I'm avoiding it because we don't really need a second paycheck to get by but, the extra money could help us get into a second vehicle! I curse the day we sold the blazer... Cameron and I hope to buy a car flat out... just like Dave Ramsey says too! Maybe we will buy one right before we decide to start a family. That's not in the cards anytime soon! Cameron and I both want to wait until he is in his last year of PA school.

Speaking of PA's... our bishop and the first counselor are both PA's! We couldn't be luckier! It's great b/c Cameron can get tons of advice and a letter of recommendation doesn't hurt either ; ) Cameron is enjoying his job at Womack... I love that he's working there b/c his chances of being deployed are slim to none! WoO HoO! And! It gives him plenty of time to finish his pre-recs so he can go to PA school! Captain Jackson... has a nice ring to it, if I do say so~

Bella is adjusting well! She hates being on a leash, and that's partly my fault. On Cedar Island there was no point in having one... I would let her out and she would go play all day and come home when she was hungry or sleepy. You can't do that on POST, dogs have to be on a leash at all times and if not you get slapped with a notice and then a fine. So, we take her out back (where the MP's can't see us)and play with her for about 30 minutes after Cameron gets home. We are going to make a trip back to C.I. next weekend so Bella can really enjoy herself! I know she gets lonely being alone... I hate leaving her ;(

Especially when we go to church... just because it's 3 hours and I usually don't leave her alone for that long. I love being in the Fort Bragg ward! Though, almost every priesthood member is deploying by the end of this month! So you can imagine how excited they were to see Cameron and I walk in the front doors our first Sunday. The women out number the men 5 to 1... and it helps being in a ward where every wife or husband knows what it's like to be away from your companion for months or even years at a time. But, I think it makes us a stronger ward.

All in all, post is pretty awesome... I love shopping at the Commissary and the PX b/c it's so much more inexpensive than Wal-mart and I don't have to pay taxes on anything! Cameron and I have made some great friends a few houses down. There's also an awesome gym right down the road that Cameron and I enjoy working out in... my goal is to loose 5 lbs before I get my head shots done... wish me luck! And we are only an hour and a half from the Raleigh Temple! We went this past weekend and it was wonderful! So, we are happy and so blessed to be where we are and at the right time! Heavenly Father is really looking out for us! : )

No comments: