Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The most DISGUSTING apartment I have ever seen...













So, as some of you might know Cameron does maintenance work for apartments all over Utah! Well not only does he do that but, he also cleans apartments when people are evicted... and most these people tend to be fairly "un-clean"! He has seen some nasty stuff! Anyways, Cameron's boss called him up while we were running around and asked him to stop by this apartment in Spanish Fork to just see the how good or how bad the place was... So, we are driving by these really old apartments and I see the back fence and trash just pouring out from under-neath and I say to Cameron, " I sure hope that's not it!" And of course.... IT WAS! We walk in the front door and I literally started dry-heaving right there! There was dog poo EVERYWHERE!!!! And when i say everywhere... I mean in every room in the house... he never took his dog outside! It was like caked into the carpet and TRASH!!!! It was like he dumped the contents of his garbage in every room as well! I found USED condoms, porn, bottles of pee and cigarette butts! Cameron had to go back today to clean it... I helped b/c it was my day off and I just felt so bad for him! I seriously about threw-up 4 times! And the worst part about all of this.... is that he has a child and... i don't see how raising a child in that type of environment it good in anyway... if a social worker saw that.... that child would be taken away so fast he wouldn't even be able to utter a syllable! We ended up filling about 20 FORTY GALLON sized trash bags to get all the stuff off the floor...it took 3 people 4 HOURS! The walls are going to have to be re-painted and the carpets will have to be replaced! The pictures hardly to it justice... but it just boggles my mind as to why and how someone can live like that! NASTY NASTY NASTY! It's going to take Cameron and his co-workers at least a 2 weeks to fix that place! And you know that part about this whole thing i really hate! These people were receiving help from the church... like food and toiletries. Yes, it's always good to help those in need, but... their are people that go every Sunday to church and do what they can to get by... their in good standing with the church and just really need help! Then some nasty guy who is obviously in-active member is receiving all this help and is just dumping it on the floor! I'm just so upset that he 1. could live walking, eating, sleeping and showering in crap and 2. Is so lazy he cant even work to support his child and 3. Is wasting all his money on alcohol and cigarettes! The church wants to help people that need it not those who are UN-clean, filthy self-centered people! Because that is what this guy was... he didn't even care about the well-fare of his child... let alone himself! Some people just make me mad!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

WHOA! That really is disgusting..and yes sad that someone would have a child and pet in this environment. I'm simply amazed that you were able to clean it without actually throwing up! Bad smells really really get me! Shew! You and Cam certainly deserve a big pat on the back for this one and lots of money! Hopefully he won't get another one like this ever again!