Wednesday, April 30, 2008

"Only the sweet and caring wives come in..."


So.... this past Saturday my husband received a huge over-time check and thought it would be fun to buy a gun! Yeah, i wasn't too happy about it... though, he has talked about getting one for as long as I can remember... so being the loving and caring wife that I am.... I bitterly agreed! He some how convinced me that we need it for protection and so he could quote "blast some ***** if they tried to mess with me!" -We left about 10 a.m. to go to "Gunnies" in Orem... which is about 15 minutes north of us. We get there and I started laughing right as we walked in... it was like we stepped into hicks-ville USA! There were deer, elk, moose and all kinds of heads nailed to the wall... ha ha ha! One t-shirt said, "red-neck for life!" YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME... anyways Cameron and Rob (brother-in-law) start to "speed-walk" to the back of the store where .... come on guess it.... THE GUNS ARE!!!! Cameron already knows what he wants and just points at this gun in the case.... he honestly looked like a kid in a candy store! So happy... which made me happy! The guy that helps us (Austin) just happens to be from the best state in the US! North Carolina.... YES!!!! Someone normal! As they were doing the back-ground check I asked Austin if a lot of wives come in with their husbands when they are buy a gun... and Austin's reply was... "Only the sweet and caring wives come in!".... "Your good..."ha ha ha! So we left with a Sig. 9mm! I haven't been too excited about it until today... Now, today we went up Squaw Peak Canyon and fired 100 rounds at this awesome range... we were on top of this "mountian" and we could see a lot of provo and Utah Lake, very beautiful! Best of all it was just the two of us... i must say the first shot was LOUD AND FRIGHTENING! I'm still having some trouble hearing... but all in all I'm glad I know how to use one... i just hope it never comes to me having to defend my-self! I'm a pretty good shot!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Haha that's so funny you posted this because Joel has been talking about how he wants to buy "us" a gun for "protection"...He wants a shot gun not a hand gun...haha! I get this mental picture of him when we are old going out in flannels with his shot gun bc he heard a noise! LOL!