Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Clearing the air...

Okay, so if you read my last blog it basically said I wasn't voting for Obama. Well, it's not just that he doesn't wear the flag pin. There are multiple reasons as to why i don't think Obama would be a good president. First things first... I think Obama has "disowned" Rev. Wright for political reasons ONLY! The funniest part about this is that "Obama clearly said in his speech soon after he didn't agree with his former pastor on politics and his views on America"... though, Rev. Wright was just appointed a member in Obama's campaign! Interesting... he doesn't agree with him, BUT... he wants him to help him run for president. If he didn't agree with his politics why does Obama want him to help push forward his campaign? That's like taking John McCain and saying help me run for president, I think your views and way of thinking will help me..."they have different views" TWO... Obama says he is an advocate for change... Well, that's never a bad thing... but, I find it interesting that less than 1% of his yearly earnings were donated to charity until the year before he decided to run for president... I don't know about you...but, I pay tithing, 10% OF MY YEARLY INCOME is donated to my church... Then he decides to write a $27,000 check to who... Rev. Wrights church! I think I'm getting point across... Obama doesn't want to help anyone unless he helps himself or his campaign. (Nor does any candidate!) Yes, this is a negative blog but, the truth hurts! And to be honest, I don't find any of the candidates for the 2008 ELECTION up to par for the presidency... I think Obama is WAY TOO inexperienced! And McCain doesn't know anything about the economy and to be honest... much of anything. And if Hiliary ran things anything like her husband North Korea send a nuclear bomb our way. I'm really not trying to be rude. (I love you Lauren! And I appreciate the things you said. And I don't mean to offend either :) I just hate politics! It's not about the people anymore... it's about keeping the rich, rich and the poor, poor... among other things... I'll vote... just not for either of the candidates. I'll probably write in my own name! ha ha ha!

4 comments:

Joel said...

Wright was serving on Obama's "African American Religious Leadership Committee"...a far cry for a "political" aide or advisor...

It seems completely consistent, therefore, that Wright's participation in Obama's campaign was not necessarily because of his politics, but because of his role as a black religious leader, just as Obama said.

So, your comparison with McCain and Wright needs to be modified just a bit...Because Wright's participation was NOT based on politics alone it would be like Obama having John McCain on his campaign as a member of his "Extremely Old/Rich/Divorced and Remarried White People Outreach Committee", and not as a political advisor.

But what, out of curiosity, is wrong with actions taken for purely political motives? I mean, I guess I understand that people love to hate "politicians" who "only do it for political reasons"...but I have yet to hear a compelling reason why that's a bad thing.

I mean, if I want "X" to be accomplished, and Senator so-and-so does it for purely political reasons, why should that matter to me? It's done, and I'm happy with the result...I couldn't care less WHY he/she did it.

And BTW, Obama was a middle-class community organizer before becoming a state senator and later a US Senator. He just barely finished paying for his home and paying off his college/law school loans. As soon as he got money to spare, he started donating. Why should it matter what church it went to? Many Republicans had those same concerns for Mitt Romney, who pledged his allegiance to what they thought was an extreme/racist/bigoted cult.

True, Obama may only want to help himself and his campaign, but I think you're on the right track with your next statement...So does every other candidate and just about every other person on the face of the earth. Unfortunately, there are very very few selfless people on earth, and none of them are running for president!

So perhaps the thing to do is to quit worrying about things that don't matter and start looking at the candidates' policies and positions on the issues that matter most to you, given the assumption that all of them (and most of us) are self-interested humans that make mistakes, do things for the wrong reasons, but eventually come around to doing what we ultimately think is best for us and for those that matter to us.

So you're right, the best candidate for you is probably yourself. So are you really all that different from Obama after all?

Best,
Joel

Ami Jackson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ami Jackson said...

Oh, sorry I forgot to mention... even though Rev. Wright was appionted his "African American Religious Leadership Committee"... that still is a bit odd considering he just "disowned"
that church...you know... that Rev. Wright was the pastor off... a bit funny if you ask me!

Ami Jackson said...

ALSO, I DON'T HAVE 2 DIMES to rub together and I STILL MANAGE TO PAY MY TITHING! AND I'M NOT MIDDLE CLASS... definitely below... but, I don't see why you would care. Joel...I don't have someone to pay for everything! So I really don't think you have an argument there...Oh, I don't think it matters what church it went to... I just find it EXTREMLY hard to believe he DOESN'T AGREE with Rev. Wright! It's not like Rev. Wright JUST STARTED SAYING THOSE STUPID THINGS! Okay lets take a group like PEDA... they gave John Kerry $10,000 for his campaign to accomplish their " x goal" (which was his anit-gun stance) He happens to shoot a bird, with a gun! : ) to persuade voters... so "x" was NOT accomplished... what he did was take that "x" and shove it right up there butts! So not only did he deceive them he STOLE $10,000 to boot! I think that's a good enough reason as to why it's bad to do things for political motives only... Your really wasting your time... but just for everyone to see that I'm focusing on the REAL ISSUES I've started on a blog that will be out with-in the next few days... mostly about the war and health care and the economy! Oh, and the whole thing about putting my name in as a canidate WAS A JOKE!!! The all my blogs about him were just to let people like you know... you cant just be for this and that on the issues... you have to respect our fighting men and women...because without them... we would be NOOTTTTHHHHIIINNNGGGG AS A COUNTRY!!!! The truth is that Obama has NO REASON WHAT SO EVER not to put his hand on his heart or wear the flag pin. It's about RESPECT!!!! And it's even harder to understand that when you don't have someone close to you in the military... I honestly can't describe what it's like... it's not just our military men and woman there WHOLE FAMILIES give up a lot for American too! And like my father always says," there are just some people who will never understand that!"