It's been too long since I was last home and I am in need of some serious REST AND RELAXATION! I miss NC, I miss almost everything about it! The weather, the people the atomsphere and the food! But this blog is mostly about why Utah sucks!!!
1. THE PEOPLE-
People in Utah just seem to have that "I only care about me and what's going on with me at this moment in time...(ME-MONSTERS)" Example... your standing in line at the store and you have one item, the person in front of you has an entire shopping cart full of items... what do you do?" Well, in NC there is this wonderful things called "southern hospitality" you let the person who has one item go ahead of you because your day is not going to depend on that extra 30 seconds it's going to take to let that person in front of you. 2ND example... you happen to drop all the contents of you purse out onto the floor... on accident of course! and as you are picking those items up people to continue to walk by and look as if there isn't someone on the floor probably in need of help... since I have lived in Utah I have yet to receive the slightest, "thank you" or nod for holding the door open and even standing in line for 10 minutes while the person ahead of me takes their sweet time emptying the contents of their cart.
2.THE DRIVERS-
Oh my goodness... where do I start. In one month I was almost side-swiped THREE TIMES because of people not paying attention... did you know they just raised the seat-belt ticket price from $35 to $45! WOW! I had a friend get at ticket in NC for not wearing his seat-belt... $135! Yeah, there really cracking' down on people out here! I know you get stupid drivers where ever you go... but out of the 6 years I have been driving, I have never had so many "almost accidents" in my life! Slamming breaks, side-swiping, cutting off and fail to use a turn signals! AND I TOOK THE UTAH STATE DMV TEST... 25 questions, all dealing with pedestrians! Cameron's test was mostly about motorcycle insurance and truckers. I now understand why Utah drivers are so dumb. They don't even know what half the signs on the road mean... Ex. I was at the hospitial the other day to drop off somthing for my sister in-law. I pulled over to the side just like the cars in front of me so other cars could get by.(just as the sign directed) Well, as I'm leaving i pull out to see a car about 100 ft. in front of me! Sitting in the way so other vehicles could not get by. OF COURSE THE PERSON LEFT THEIR CAR THERE UNATTENDED! So, I sit and wait about 3 minutes until this lady decides to get into her car. Well, I'm obviously ready for her to move so I can get out. She is on her phone and sits there for another 2 mintues... So, I take it to the next level and honk my horn. (She can very easily pull in-between the two cars ahead of her) but she decides it's a better idea to yell at me! That was a mistake! Let's just say she finally moved her car...
3. THE CHILDREN-
You would think living in the center of mormonopolis that you would come across very nice and friendly children. Boy, was I wrong. Sure there are a few families that come into my work and they all say,"thank you and please!" Then you have most children and adults who come in and think just because you are waiting on them means they can treat you like crap. Well, a lot of people have to work for what they have. Not everyone receives loads of money from mommy and daddy and don't ever have to lift a finger. I have had children come in with their parents and literally scream at me for a drink or whatever and the parents don't even look at their child like they did something wrong. No, please no thank you... just get me my food and do it now! Well, if you want to be rude, SO CAN I!!!!! I really don't take any type of crap from anyone including spoiled rotten little children! Cameron and I are currently primary teachers for the 4&5 year old. Most act fairly well, but there is one little girl who is so spoiled her teeth are rotting out of her mouth! He mom lets her run around the chapel during sacrament meeting and obviously has no respect for adults. Because she sure doesn't listen to anything anyone has to say. She can even sit down properly in her chair... if she was my kid that butt would be so sore the only thing she could do would be to lay down on that stomach. That would be the only reason for her not sitting properly in her chair!
4. THE CHURCH-
I love testimony meeting! I love when people get up and share wonderful experiences that have strengthened their testimonies and why they know that the church is true. Oh my, NOT IN UTAH... it's more like... -show a picture of Jesus- and say, "do you know how this is... and if you don't you should!" Or telling the congregation what your plans are for today! And my personal favorite, "Why I hate Mormons!" Oh yes, it has been said! It just never ends... before Cameron and I got a calling we would be in Sunday school and every week the teacher would start his lesson with a scripture and end with that same scripture! HE WOULD NEVER MOVE ON! Cameron and I would be sitting in the chapel playing with our phones 20 minutes into it because we already pretty much got the point after the first 5 minutes. Fellowship is another huge problem. In mid-December Cameron and I lost our baby. Well, not one single person from our ward including our bishop made an effort to come see us or call us. (AND THEY KNEW WHAT HAPPENED!) Then after SEVEN LONG MONTHS our bishop decides to meet with us for the FIRST TIME! Oh yes, no joke! In the SEVENTH month we finally get a calling and we still have yet to be set apart for that calling.... It's been TWO MONTHS! So, to put it into perspective our bishop doesn't really care about us or really anyone in our ward, the man doesn't even smile or really speak. I knew back home that my Bishop and Stake President cared about Cameron and I, and we cared about them. I know if I got up this Sunday and gave my testimony only 10 out of 150 people would know my name. I miss the real fellowship and love saints have for eachother.
5. THE BEACH-
Oh my, I MISS THE BEACH! I miss the sound of the waves crashing and the sweet smell of the salt water. I miss the warm sand between my toes and the veiw of Cape Lookout from shell point. I miss the "local" side of the beach and the 4 wheelers that we rode over the dunes. I miss everything about the water and the calming feeling it brings to the soul. I miss the sweet southern people and there "take it easy" way of life! Slow down and enjoy every moment! I miss CUBBIES AND BOGANGLES!Oh, I need the south more that I thought.
3 comments:
Ami-
I am so glad to hear that you have realized that NC is paradise. The reasons that you gave are the exact reasons that Christian has a hard time getting me to leave Pitt County. I miss you guys!
Love ya!
Oh, yeah... it's crazy out here! I can't wait until the Army ships us somewhere else! The Wst and the East Coast are just full of completely different people! East Coast is where it's at! luv ya too!
Ami, I was playing around on my families blog and came across yours. I too am living in Utah but from North Carolina. I could not agree with you more. NC is over the top!! Joanna hit it right on the head when she said NC is paradise. My parents live on Harkers Island and we just back from there. There were lots of tears as I got on the airplane.
Post a Comment